The harvest festival is a tradition that dates back to 1936 , going through various political and even economic vicissitudes, which is celebrated in a province of Argentina to this day and is today an important date due to the festivity that closes.
Mendoza is the town whose main attraction is the exaltation of the fruit of the vine , which is the grape turned into wine through a process that combines harvesting, treading, making the must, taking it to the barricades through a joint effort between all the collectors .
It is about seeing the liquid that comes out of this fruit, which becomes a delicacy for the delicious table, the wine that is usually the ideal companion in its three categories, red, white and rosé and its many variants such as champagne, for the different gastronomy of the countries. Do you remember the beer party?
This festival is one of the world icons that celebrate this important fruit, which gives such a delicious drink and is one of the most striking and well-known in the world, offering all the glamor and sumptuousness of a festival adorned by the sweat of the workers who worked hard for her.
Therefore, if you want to know a little more about the harvest festival in Mendoza, Argentina, we will give you a brief tour of it so that you get a good impression and want to meet it in your next tourist and vacation destination and thus not think so much about where to go.
What do you need
- The place.
- The drink.
- Four acts: Blessing, white track, Carousel, central act.
- Folk expression.
As we have already been telling you, the grape harvest festival is the feeling of a culture that makes the harvest of the fruit of life and its subsequent processing a festival, where the characters who make an effort to harvest it are the true protagonists like the wine itself. In the style of a patronal festival, it is very much enjoyed.
There are many problems that they have to face to have the precious liquid, which has become an export material to various parts of the world and that reflects the feelings of a people, who from 1936 to 1955 carried it out year after year.
It had two interruptions which are the first in 1956, which could not be celebrated due to internal problems related to interests in the country, and in 1984 with a strong tectonic shock that prevented this festivity from continuing its course, but which continues until today. .
This is how the harvest festival is celebrated
- The harvest festival begins with the blessing of the fruits, that is, the grapes that come to be collected by each of the workers from the various farms that are in the town through the Bishop of Mendoza.
- This is followed by the central parade with floats, music and flowers which carry the queens of the previous year’s festivities and the aspiring to take the current year’s crown, all framed in an environment where various treats are thrown.
- The party continues with the carousel, it is a parade on the day very similar to the pilgrimages in Spain, which show all the color of the typical costumes of the region in carts pulled with oxen and where the queens go launching different products.
- The central act is the middle stage where the election and coronation of the queen of the festivities takes place, generating the same celebration later nights, but with the exception of presenting concerts and dances by different local and international artists.
- During the central act of the following nights, the coronation of the queen is no longer observed, since it is already carried out from the first day or initial central act, so it is one more way to guarantee that the town follows the festivities until its culmination. .
- The harvest festival is celebrated in the city of Mendoza during the month of March, but from December to February, the different municipalities or provinces are in charge of choosing their sovereign who will represent them in the central act where the sovereign of the grapes will be crowned. Parties.
- It is an opportunity to demonstrate the hubbub and love for a land that has been blessed year after year by the Virgin de la Corrodible, considered the patron saint of the land where the fruit that gives life to the liquid is grown.
- On the other hand, the joint effort that the locals have to make their work a party is also celebrated, culminating in the collection and subsequent reception of the must that will give the fruits of the vine, the precious wine for those who like to enjoy this drink.
- The wines of this town are appreciated throughout the world, which has led it to be well known for serving delicious wines for different types of food, at the beginning, diner, desserts, first courses, second courses among many other ways of drinking them.
- It is a party that reflects color and a lot of populism, considered one of the most popular parties in the world and the second party in the world, making it important for those who strive to celebrate it year after year with special devotion as well as dedication.
- On the other hand, the work of making the collection process known to the whole world is intensified, as well as the production of the beverage that is the final product, through a care mechanism that begins with the preparation of the fruit. .
- It is a way of thanking nature for having received a harvest in the best conditions, to make the wine through dances, dances, parties, light and a waste of food and drinks for all visitors who come to the place.
- During the festivity, the various stages of wine production are celebrated, beginning with the collection of the fruit, its harvest and subsequent treading, the time it takes to put it in the barrels and the wait until the liquid made wine comes out. .
- The harvest festival is more than dance and music; it is the feeling of a community that has been adorned by having a variety of problems when it comes to harvesting the fruit that provides them with the greatest product for their economy.
- The event culminates with a central act that gathers the emotion and the summary of a whole year of preparation where a variety of acts by various artists are wiped on a stage with great light, music as well as a waste of talent.
- In the harvest festival, a different theme is collected each year, which will shape the way in which the festival is held, in addition to presenting the opening of the central act where the sovereign of the festivals and her retinue of princesses will be chosen. They will accompany you.
- The most striking thing is the whole complex itself, which the organizers give to visitors who year after year come to Mendoza to rejoice in a show where luxury, lights, diversity of people mixed between locals and foreigners come together to enjoy.
- Music is one of the protagonists of the night of the harvest festival, having the opportunity to present artists from different locations as well as guests of great international fame, who give the party great seriousness.
- The stage of the great concerts worldwide has the best set of lights that makes it striking, while promoting the special call to all the magic of this party as well as the fireworks created for this.
- Within the framework of the festivities there are four great celebrations that we mentioned at the beginning, which are celebrated in different places and these are:
- The blessing of the fruits, which is normally completed in the month of February in Parquet San Martín.
- The white route of the queens is a parade where the queens and their retinue of princesses are presented, as well as the candidates to be crowned as the current queen through the streets of Mendoza.
- Carousel is another more pictorial, folkloric and full of diversity of tradition parade where the typical costumes and the benefits of nature given by the queens to the spectators through the streets of the city of Mendoza are also reflected.
- The central act which is always held in the open-air Greek-style Frank Romero Day Theater, cultural heritage of the city.
- All the central events take place in it and it is a waste of light and color for housing more than 20,000 spectators, which is why it is considered the largest when it comes to holding an event in Argentina due to its sound and lighting capacity.
- It is important to highlight that its construction was completed in 1963, during the celebration of the grape harvest festival that was held at said festival and is to this day its meeting point every year during the month of March.
- Do not forget to visit the most picturesque places in the city of Mendoza while you enjoy the party.
- The warmth of the local people is the best welcome, try to be cordial and manage to find friends.
- Look for an accommodation prior to the dates, as it may be that you find everything full because it is an international party.
- If you like it, try the Vine Festival.